Monday, January 26, 2009

Jennings Frustrated?

Not all his honey and milk in the land of wine and dine for Brandon Jennings as the latter half of his Euroleague season begins.

He is currently averaging 8.2 points, 1.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 10 games of Euroleague play.

Here are excerpts from a recent email ojmayonnaise of brandonjennings.net posted:

“I’ve gotten paid on time once this year.“

“They treat me like I’m a little kid. They don’t see me as a man. If you get on a good team, you might not play a lot. Some nights you’ll play a lot; some nights you won’t play at all. That’s just how it is.”

“I don’t see too many kids doing it. It’s tough man, I’ll tell you that. It can break you.”

“My role is to play D and take open shots — that’s it, and I’ve accepted that role.”

It must be pretty humbling for such a creative playmaker to feel like his role is the same as Mario Elie's.
I think he'd feel differently if he had more games like he did below, last month, in which he played a season-high 29 minutes and scored 13 points against Tau Ceramica:







BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: